Do you want to be part of a team that plays an integral part in a uniquely positioned manufacturing, engineering and construction company specializing in the fabrication, design and erection of timber structures?
QR Code Link to This Post
StructureCraft is an exciting, growing company that thrives on challenge and innovation. Recently we launched the manufacture of a new product called Dowel Laminated Timber (DLT). StructureCraft is the only company in North America manufacturing this new mass timber product. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.structurecraft.com
We are currently hiring experienced Woodworking Machinists to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years experience, preferably with wood processing. This is a full-time position reporting to the Shop Superintendent. We are located in Abbotsford, BC in the beautiful Fraser Valley, on the doorstep to numerous recreational activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Set up, program, operate and maintain the following special-purpose woodworking machines:
o Optimizing saw
o 4-sided moulder
o Dowel Laminated Panel drill and dowel pressing machine
o Transfer conveyors
o Wood CNC machines
• Grind, sharpen and service cutting tools
• Read and interpret blueprints, work orders of production schedules to determine product of job instructions
• Monitor and control product quality
• Identify, diagnose and rectify machined product defects
• Load and remove completed work pieces or parts from machinery manually or with cranes
• Make final product adjustments and prepare for shipping
To be successful in this position the ideal candidate will be:
• Self-motivated, disciplined and take ownership for efficient machine operation
• Detail-orientated, organized, reliable, punctual, responsible and dependable
• Flexible, adaptable and willing to work any shift
• Open to overtime hours, which may include weekends
• Secondary school education
• Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over 4 years of work experience and
industry courses in machining -Timber Machining is preferred
• Mechanically inclined/maintenance experience - timber machinist or millwright background preferred
We offer a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package that includes Extended Health and Dental benefits as well as company-paid MSP, life insurance and three weeks’ vacation.
If you currently work in a timber processing/manufacturing environment with the above skills, we invite you to submit your resume in confidence.