compensation: $20-28 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Work Truck West believes in hiring great people with a passion for building the best custom vehicle projects and training them to build awesome work truck packages. We are looking for a hard working, collaborative, and positive team player to join our team of Work Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians in our new shop facility in the Fraser Valley in Langley, BC.
This opportunity may be for you if you live for the details and pride yourself on exceptional planning, organizing, and hitting your targets day in and day out. A positive can-do attitude and desire to learn goes a long way when it comes to working collaboratively with our production team. Our technicians have a multitude of skill sets in their toolboxes, including Automotive Technician, Welder, Fabricator, Millwright, and Heavy Duty Mechanic.
Our crew works hard and we recognize that with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package, opportunities to work overtime, in-house training, professional development when available, and a generous bonus pool program for our competitive team players.
As a key member of our team of Truck Equipment Upfit Technicians, you would be responsible for the installation of service truck bodies, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on medium-duty truck chassis. This includes:
- Welding hoist subframes to truck frame rails and dump box/flat deck to subframe.
- Installation of hydraulic components such as electric-over-hydraulic pumps, valves, reservoirs, and hoist cylinders.
- Fabricating and welding custom steel brackets for mounting components.
- Mounting dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment onto truck chassis using overhead crane and forklifts.
- Wiring 12-volt electrical components to the truck battery and switches.
- Installation of underhood engine components such as air compressors, PTO's, and Clutch pumps
- Installation of snow plows, sander spreaders, and brine sprayer systems.
This position may be a great fit for you if you have:
- Minimum 2 years of Automotive or Heavy Duty Technician and/or Welding and Steel Fabrication experience preferred but not required.
- Your own set of mechanics tools
- Strong organizational and communication skills (English language)
- Positive, enthusiastic, and hardworking attitude
- A valid BC drivers license
This position is full-time permanent and starts asap.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with opportunity for overtime.
Comprehensive benefits package offered after probationary period includes:
- Extended health, including massage therapy, naturopathic medicine, chiropractic and more extended benefits
- Medical Services Plan (MSP) for yourself and all eligible dependents
- Prescription drug coverage
- Long term disability
- Paid vacation available in the first year of employment
- Access to student financial aid program to complete job-related training and educational courses
- Opportunities for overtime
- Opportunities for training and development
- Support for Apprenticeship program enrollment and completion
- Encouragement of a healthy work/life balance
Please visit our website at worktruckwest.com for more information about our company and what we do. Visit our Facebook page facebook.com/pg/worktruckwest and check us out on Instagram @work_truck_west.
Please respond to this posting and include your resume when applying.
We welcome all applications, we will only contact those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities are a match for this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers