compensation: As per BCGEU Collective Agreement employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
MACL thanks you for looking at our post on Craigslist!
MACL has been proud to provide high quality supports to children, youth and adults with intellectual and physical disabilities in the Mission, BC area over the last 60 years. We are proud members of the Community Living and Inclusion movement. Our actions are guided by our commitment to our Vision, Mission and Core Values. Have a look at our website www.missionacl.org for more info on this.
We are a commutable distance from: Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Maple Ridge and other local Fraser Valley and Tri-city communities.
The goal of this post
MACL is currently looking to hire a Permanent Full-Time Preschool Supervisor.
This position is 40 hours per week, scheduled to meet program requirements on a September through June term.
This position requires Union membership.
This position oversees, plans and implements the activities and day to day operations of Sandcastle Preschool. This includes providing support to children that attend and their support networks including parents and caregivers. This role provides ongoing supervision and evaluations of all staff personnel and support in ensuring compliance with MACL policy and procedure, Collective Agreement, MCFD, and applicable regulations including Community Care and Assisted Living Act Child Care Licensing Regulations and Work Safe BC.
• Current Early Childhood Education accreditation plus special needs diploma, Complete Infant/Toddler
• Documented attendance in collateral training/workshops regarding children who require extra supports
• Two (2) years of experience working with children who require extra supports
• Two (2) years of experience working in a childcare setting
• One (1) year of supervisory and administrative experience, preferably in an similar program setting or an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Demonstrated ability to oversee, implement and evaluate daily operations, plans, and programs for each
• Ability to plans, implement, and evaluate developmentally appropriate early childhood care and education
• Demonstrated ability to Oversee and facilitate relationships with parents
• Demonstrated ability to Schedule, supervise, and evaluate staff.
• Provides work direction to early childhood educators, ECE assistants and Support Workers as required
• Warm personal nature
• Good mental and physical health
• Adaptable to changing work environments
• Highly organized
• Time Management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated competence in written communication skills
• Resilient, composed and self-management skills, ‘can-do’ attitude
• Able to cope with change, problem solving skills
• Clear criminal record check , Current drivers abstract, Valid first aid certificate that meets requirements of
childcare licensing under schedule C., Physicians report, Compliance with TB risk management program,
Valid driver’s license
• Proficiency with ComVida payroll and payroll and staff scheduling program, Microsoft Outlook and Word.
Please submit PDF resume and cover letter by replying to this post. Closing date: April 2nd 2019 at 4:30pm
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers