Are you interested in an opportunity to put your administrative and payroll skills to practice? If yes, then we have just the opportunity for you. As Payroll Administrator, you will be responsible for preparation, distribution, and accuracy of the computerized bi-weekly payroll for 325+ hourly and salaried staff members, in a unionized environment. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Chilliwack, BC.
The Chilliwack Society for Community Living (CSCL) offers more than a job. Located in Chilliwack, BC, in the beautiful Fraser Valley an hour outside of Vancouver, CSCL has been serving the community since 1954 and has grown to employ over 330 people. Our organization serves people with varying abilities, providing supports that enhance quality of life and promote diversity and community inclusion.
Come work and live in Chilliwack where you can enjoy affordable housing, minimal traffic, and spectacular mountain views. CSCL has been growing rapidly and we have a positive work environment, generous benefits, and offer a fulfilling career. CSCL values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of respect, caring & trust.
Key areas of involvement include:
• Creating employee files, sort and file employee related documents.
• Downloading and preparing payroll reports from manual or electronic files and databases and distributing those reports accordingly.
• Printing, verifying and sorting forms and other documents related to employee payroll tools.
• Utilizing, maintaining and updating manual and computerized payroll registration systems.
• Ensuring accurate payroll information.
• Ensuring compliance with all Federal and Provincial legislation and the collective agreement.
• Assisting employees with ADP Time & Attendance system and matters related to payroll.
• Preparing accounting entries for payroll costing.
• Reconciling payroll and benefits accounts, as well as year-end T4s.
• Coordinating with HR on benefit status and benefit eligibility of employee.
• Providing backup and assistance to the Director of Finance as required.
Do you have the following?
• Completion of Grade 12, plus completion of a certificate in Business, Accounting or Payroll.
• Certification in a payroll program, e.g. Canadian Payroll Association Level 1/Payroll Compliance Practitioner (preferred).
• Two (2) years’ administrative and payroll experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
• Working knowledge of computerized payroll and financial reporting systems (preferably ADP, ADP EZLabor, ADP ReportSmith and/or Accpac software programs).
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
• Able to maintain confidentiality and to use judgment and discretion in handling a large volume of confidential payroll information.
• Friendly, positive attitude, able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
• Well-developed planning, organizing, controlling, and administrative skills.
Salary: Dependent on experience. Please mention salary expectations.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Position (40 Hours Per Week)
Location: Chilliwack, BC
How to Apply:
Email: Submit your resume through this posting.
Fax: (604) 792-7962
payroll pay roll finance finances full-time full time fulltime ft f/t part-time part time parttime p/t pt money ADP ADP EZLabor EZ Labor EZ Labour EZLabour CPA Canadian Payroll Association cscl non-profit non profit non-profit temp temporary contact mat leave maternity leave chilliwack fraser valley fraservalley time card timecard ADP ReportSmith Report Smith Accpac MS Office Microsoft Office Word Excel Access administration admin administrative payroll compliance practitioner PCP
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities