compensation: 20.00 - 28.00 Based On Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Only candidates who are currently residing in Canada (and eligible to work without sponsorship) will be considered.
• Provide daily accounting and administrative support for the Finance Department;
• Develop a system to account for financial transactions; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
• Full cycle bookkeeping including Accounts Receivable and Payable
• Process cashier transactions via cash, cheque, debit or credit card
• Balance and reconcile cash at end of the work shift
• Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
• Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Conduct regular reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Maintain the petty cash fund
• Assist with Monthly Sales and Inventory reports for financial reporting;
• Ensure accuracy and consistency of invoices and documents to comply with all applicable requirements
• Classify and monitor fixed assets
• Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
• Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
• Data entry and database management;
• Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Solid knowledge of accounting principles;
• The ideal candidate should have some formalized training in accounting or equivalent experience
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting is an asset
• Excellent communications skills, both in verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and able to prioritize tasks
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and results oriented
• Strong work ethic, energetic, positive attitude and flexible
• Proficient with QuickBooks Enterprise & Sage 300
• Solid understanding of bookkeeping practices and GAAP
• GST & BC PST
• Experience with other accounting software would be a bonus
Looking for proficient communication skills (written & oral) and proactive with an ability to hyper focus, prioritize work flows, multitask and efficiently complete tasks. You must also be open and willing to learn our specific way of handling files. We work as a team, however, and are also open to suggestion on ways we may be able to improve efficiency and or improve upon customer service.
• Bookkeeping: 3 years min.
• Administration: 2 years min
Email email@example.com. Please add "Bookkeeper" to the subject line of your email.
We are located at:
102-32310 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1X1
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, and there are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available. As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, British Columbia, and Abbotsford, we're ready to help you take the next step in your career. Globally, Express employs more than 540,000 people across more than 800 franchise locations worldwide.
Take the first step toward new career success, apply with Express today.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers